5 Awesome FREE Resources for Blogging Newbies
Hi, there. If you're new to blogging, like me, you might not know what the heck you're doing. I sure don't, but I'm learning. And there's so much information out there. A ton of terms flying around. SEO. Wordpress. Google AdSense. Website analytics. Enough to make my head spin.
Before we get too overwhelmed, let me say I'm amazed at the generosity of other bloggers. Here are five of the sweetest free blogging resources I've come across so far:
- Georgia Lou Studios: She is a blogger and Wordpress theme designer. A library of beautiful, practical templates is waiting for you. All she asks for in exchange is your email. My fave right now is the "Blog Planner." So handy. I still like pencil and paper for planning. This is just what I needed. Sign up for the freebies.
- Melyssa Griffin: She teaches "aspiring entrepreneurs how to start and grow their own business." And yeah her blog was earning $1 million within three years. So, I'm all ears! To access the goodies (and there are lots), click on free resources and provide your name and email. That's it! A pretty sweet deal. I'm digging the "Simple Systems Workbook" at the moment and plan to utilize others, as I progress.
- Twins Mommy: I found a lot of great pins from Twins Mommy. One of the best is a list of free pretty stock images for bloggers. I so wish I hadn't blown $100 right away on images, but you live and learn. I'll also add that you should check out Pexels and Color U Bold (source of the image in this post - she will give you a whole pack of free pics!).
- Living for Naptime: So, you published your blog. Now what? If you're like me - a symphony of crickets. Check out 55 Easy ways to get traffic to your site. Bless this blogger because I had no clue what Tribrer, Viral Content Buzz, or CoPromote were. Now I have at least a starting point. The best tip so far might seem a little obvious, but she showed me how to submit my site to Google. Today, it is actually showing up in a Google search. :) So, Chrystie, thank you for that! I will try some of the other tips and do a follow-up post soon.
- Kate Doster: Thing is I love big lists. (Try saying that 20 times really fast. Or don't, just don't.) Kate rounded up 52 life-saving tools for every online business owner (or blogger). Need to know the basics? She's got you covered from legal aspects, to domain name. Social media eating up your writing time? She offers five lifesavers to save your time and probably your sanity too. My fave resource on the list is PDF Escape that lets you turn your worksheets and workbooks into fillable forms for free.
P.S. - Check out my resources page for more useful books, courses, and tools. (Some free. Some paid.)
Your turn! What are the best free blogging resources you've found?